Fortnite’s latest update adds the extra gear and bug fixes we’ve come to expect from Epic’s regular updates, but one surprising addition comes after a long wait. The 7.30 update, which released just today across all platforms, finally adds bluetooth controller support on mobile devices.
Upon downloading the update, Android players will be able to use most Bluetooth gamepads and adapters including Steelseries Stratus XL, Gamevice, and Moto Gamepad. Players on iOS can use the MFi controllers like the Steelseries Nimbus and Gamevice. It also adds 60 Hz gameplay on some Android models, for those who want performance out of their mobile play.
Other additions in v7.30 include the chiller grenade and the return of the Solid Gold limited-time mode. The chiller grenade has a knock-back effect that makes enemies slide along the ground with icy shoes but be careful because it also affects your own teammates. The Solid Gold LTM makes every weapon drop Legendary quality, letting you more easily try out some new ones, and also provides more crafting materials.
Meanwhile, Epic also announced that it will be bringing back the NFL outfits just in time for Super Bowl weekend. In addition to the regular spate of outfits, two new variants are available to celebrate the competing teams, the New England Patriots and Los Angeles Rams. It’s also adding a free Pigskin Toy to the shop, and an NFL Rumble limited-time mode.
- Mobile Controller support
- Android: most of Bluetooth controller adapters, such as Steelseries Stratus XL, Gamevice, XBox1, Razer Raiju, and Moto Gamepad.
- iOS: MFi controllers, such as Steelseries Nimbus and Gamevice.
- Disabled phone vibration if a gamepad attached.
- 60Hz on select Android models
- We are rolling out 60Hz support (to be enabled in settings) on select Android devices. We have been working with our partners on optimizations and are rolling this out initially on the following specific models.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 9 (USA variant)
- Huawei Honor View 20
- Huawei Mate 20 X
- Added audio visualization icons for vehicles and Balloons
- Fixed an issue causes players to be unable to build multiple structure types while simultaneously holding down the build button and changing build types.
- Fixed Harvesting Tool button no longer swaps back to the previously selected weapon
- Fixed Multiple simultaneous button presses on mobile can disable the fire button
- Fixed No padlock icon appears on the directional pad when locking with auto-run on mobile.
- Fixed Several UI buttons having lower resolution than the other buttons.