If you’re a desktop PC enthusiast, you’re always looking for the next big thing in boutique PC gaming — and that next piece of gear or build so beyond high-end it’s silly. You know luxury gaming’s not only about performance but also about bells, whistles, and looks.
Marketed to the elite gamer and indulgent enthusiast, MAINGEAR PC today announced the F131 gaming desktop at CES 2018 in Las Vegas. Packed into a thin case that resembles a console in some regards, the F131 houses a custom cooling system and, depending on the build you choose, some of the best (and most expensive) parts on the planet.
The launch of our new F131 desktop sets a new benchmark in gaming desktops. While most manufacturers add liquid cooling to a system as an afterthought, the new F131 and APEX where [sic] designed together to provide unparalleled performance.
— Wallace Santos, CEO and Founder of MAINGEAR
Including options for dual SLI graphics cards, up to 64GB of DDR4 RAM, multiple HDD and SDD configurations, and much more, the F131 “can crush anything you throw at it,” according to MAINGEAR. If you visit the F131 build page, you’ll find various pre-builds and custom variations that range from $1,785 to $4,775 and beyond.
But one of the main draws of the F131 isn’t necessarily its customizability but, presumably, its APEX ICS integrated cooling system. And as any PC gamer knows, cooling is one of the most important things to get right about any build. Made in concert with Bitspower, the F131’s APEX ICS cooling system features “failsafe dual pumps, pressure regulated parallel cooling, flow-rate and temperature sensing, and a high capacity reservoir”, according to MAINGEAR. The company also says that the F131 rig features both soft tube and hard tube cooling.
Additionally, the F131’s slim case lets you fully customize the outside of the rig with custom artwork uploaded to the MAINGEAR website, or choose from the company’s pre-developed designs. Featuring the advanced MARC II painting process, there appear to be nearly countless customization options for the F131.
Here are the base features per MAINGEAR’s CES press release:
- New exclusive in-house designed chassis
- Premium materials with steel core and Japanese brushed aluminium exterior
- Tinted tempered glass side panel
- Slim mATX form factor
- Full controllable RGB interior and logo lighting
- Available with the latest Intel and AMD CPUs, up to the 18-core 7980XE
- Available with up to 2x NVIDIA Titan V graphics cards
- Up to 64GB of high speed DDR4 memory
- Options for high speed NVMe SSDs
- Exclusive APEX ICS – Integrate Cooling System
- Up to 420mm of radiator coverage
- Options for closed-loop or custom open-loop liquid cooling
- Options for MAINGEAR’s True Automotive Paint Finishes with new 2018 colors, including new Spectrum Chameleon Finishes
- Options for MAINGEAR new MARC II full coverage custom artwork
- Lifetime US-based support
You can learn more and start your build on the F131 custom desktops page.
Stay tuned to GameSkinny for more news and information on the MAINGEAR F131 gaming desktop as it develops.